Posts Tagged ‘Premiata’
Many things can inspire you . A person, a city, a photograph . . . maybe even a microwave.
It simply began because my microwave broke down. There it sat, in front of my doorway, a metal box eyesore. Until it sparked an idea, which led to some creating, which resulted in this post.
Amazing, if you stop and think about it.
If you open your eyes, who knows what you’ll see.
And if you stop watching Korean dramas all day, who knows what you’ll create.
I am wearing a JOGGING PANT. In public, shamelessly.
Not that wearing jogging pants is a big deal anymore. Christine Centenera wears them without a blink of an eye and it’s been on the runway for a number of seasons. But I’ve always been skeptical about the place of these house pants in the fashion world.
My aversion began in the tender years of college, where my casual colleagues prompted this personal vow, “I shall never take one footstep out of my home in sweatpants, pajamas or anything of the like.” It perplexed me to be surrounded by a blur of droopy sweats and crinkled flannel. I mean, how hard was it to throw on a grungy pair of jeans?? They didn’t even have to be clean!
Well after all these years, I guess I’ve been won over. But in my defense, the bar for styling jogging pants, even in the traditional grey French terry, has risen significantly. I mean, there are just so many options! But if you’re still feeling hesitant, here are a few tips:
- Start off with a jogging pant that has a little something going on. A contrast cuff, exposed zippers, specialized stitches, something that will rival those dodgy Champions.
- Don’t hesitate to hook it up. Pair those jogging pants with a top in the same color + fabric. But make sure that either 1 or both have a special detail and if not, add something else to the outfit. (See #3 + #4.)
- Juxtapose the sporty pant with something dressy. Maybe it’s your Equipment blouse or a pair of pointed stilettos. Maybe it’s a statement Marni necklace. Things usually work out when you pair up opposites.
- Use outer layers to your advantage. An awesome oversize coat, faux fur, a trench, blazer or leather will all coordinate perfectly with your joggers.
- Lastly, don’t be afraid to go full on sporty. Whether you sneaker wedge it for a little height or just throw on your black suede Nike Air Max’s, own it. As long as you don’t look like you’ve been sitting on your couch for a week in said pants, I think you (and me) will be golden.
*photos by miss j
Fall is here? It seemed so until this weekend. Not that I don’t LOVE me some CALIFORNIA SUN.
This ASOS collar is awesome, but I strongly feel that it needs WEIGHTS. It has a mind of it’s own when you’re wearing it and I just don’t have the PATIENCE for that. This post is an ode to my love of SOCKS, especially when paired with some sort of heel. Moustache Man and I went on a little Topshop browseroo and I found some very CHEEKY wears for my feet. I’ll share them with you SOON!
credits: equipment houndstooth shirt, asos leather collar, bird by juicy bustle skirt, asos socks, premiata pumps
Moustache Man said I never smile in my photos, so I hammed it up for him. If he had to choose between me smelling like ham or trash he said he’d much prefer ham.
credits: rehab empty placket shirt, vpl turtle skirt, wacoal bra, premiata pumps