necessary roughness

I now own two Junya pieces including this bomber jacket and I’m happy, but not satisfied.  To tell you the truth, all my specialty purchases end up being safely tucked away in my drawer or hanging in my closet.  All I can think about are the horrible things that could happen while wearing something out . . . the mesh on my new bomber could rip, my knit dress could get a snag, my bright white shirt dress could get a stain . . . it goes on, and on and on.  It’s such a MAJOR bummer and I’m fed up already!

So, slowly I’m going to reintegrate my special loves into my daily life.  Rips can be mended, snags can be knotted and stains can be washed out.  As long as I remember that, everything will be alright.

credits: junya watanabe comme des garçons nylon bomber, enza costa racer tank, miss sixty harem pants, ann demeulemeester boots

Tags: , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “necessary roughness”

1. August 25th, 2012 at 9:23 PM

sj says:

Ha, I was thinking about the same the other day when I was wearing my Ann Demeuleester dress. Can I sue if some idiot damages my clothes with a cigarette in a bar? I googled and googled, and found out that yeah, I actually can. Too bad that if something like that happens I will probably be drunk beyond comprehension so there is no chance I will win the fight.
    And you rock. As always. You remind me of Mad Max today (minus the anti-semitic rants)

2. August 25th, 2012 at 10:58 PM

karl leuterio says:

bfore i was too chicken to wear my special clothes but i might die one day and i will really get pissed if i’d depart from this world sans experiencing the clothes lol
    mwah
    with shoes too

3. August 26th, 2012 at 2:45 AM

issatchieu says:

I know exactly hw tt feels..the fear of ruinin ur pieces and worry abt it looking too worn out after washing and wearing. Take it easy on the clothes :)

U look fabulous, as always.

4. August 26th, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Alicia says:

It’s so difficult though, when you buy something for love – letting it out into the wild world where anything can happen!

I too save my nicer things – for what I don’t know; it’s absurd really. We invest in these gorgeous things and should show our love for them by wearing them! I like your philosophy, I am trying to adopt the same!

5. August 27th, 2012 at 12:45 PM

LadyLUX says:

I suffer from the same problem! Always try to remind myself that there’s no point in having it if i don’t get to enjoy it. Glad you’re going to make a change!

6. August 27th, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Andrea says:

You look so cool, this has that aviator feel but super modern. I think special pieces are meant to be worn, things that happen to them are your personal contribution, it makes it your art.

7. August 30th, 2012 at 5:43 AM

Sabine says:

Exactly! Junya wouldn’t be happy if he knew you weren’t wearing his great designs – which btw also look special on you.

8. September 14th, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Mika says:

Those Ann D wedge boots are the shit!

I dont have a lot of designer pieces (actually I dont think I have any, haha) but I understand the care and caution you feel about your special purchases. I would be like that too! Although I would just try and think about how much I paid for it and it would be such a waste if I didn’t wear them out as much as I can.

9. October 11th, 2012 at 10:47 PM

large size bras says:

I actually can. Too bad that if something like that happens I will likely be drunk utterly comprehension so there is no chance I will win the fight.

10. November 24th, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Judith says:

Me encanta este look¡¡Los pantalones preciosos.
    Saludos